Chemical or Synthetic Fire Suppression
Chemical or Synthetic Fire Suppression from TVF
There are a number of key benefits from using these systems:
- Non-conductive - they can be used safely on eletrical fires in locations such as server rooms and data suites
- Space saving - they require only small quantities of the gas or chemical, storage cylinders occupy minimal space compared to water tanks
The most commonly used of the chemical / gas systems is currently HFC227ea (trade name FM200), which is a clean agent that is not harmful to the ozone layer in its undischarged state.
FM-200 is a colourless, odourless gas which is a highly penetrative in the hazard zone, it acts on fires largely by physical means, lowering the temperature of the flame and fuel to a point at which combustion reactions cannot be sustained. There is no significant obscuration on discharge and this non-corrosive and electrically non-conductive agent causes no damage to sensitive equipment with no post-discharge clean-up required.
FM 200 systems are ideally suited to the protection of high value assets from losses by fire damage and the accompanying catastrophic plant down-time. Applications include:
- Computer suites, EDP facilities and telecommunications hardware
- Control rooms such as railway signalling centres and air traffic management centres
- Stores and archives
- Heritage sites such as art galleries and museums
- Medical and laboratory equipment
Advantages of FM200
- Fast and effective against a wide range of Class A, B and electrical fires.
- Safe for occupied areas
- Non-corrosive and electrically non-conductive
- No post-discharge residue and clean-up
- 25 bar engineered and pre-engineered systems available
- Range of system release options
- Low installation and maintenance costs
- Computer design maximises effectiveness of system
- FMRC/LPCB approved components with ULI listed systems available on request